This is a highly interactive programme designed by the communication experts at TCM. The course helps learners to develop essential skills for everyday management.
Delegates learn how to navigate the complex maze of having difficult conversations, managing performance, and giving bad news. Offering a proactive and hands on approach to teaching, the TCM trainers equip delegates with the confidence to have those crucial conversations, to prevent disputes before they escalate out of control and, to be assertive in addressing performance issues to achieve engagement and sustainable outcomes.
The ability to manage difficult conversations is one of the cornerstones of effective management and leadership. On this course, delegates learn how to hold conversations that enable them to nip issues in the bud and give feedback to their team concerning performance or behaviour issues such as punctuality, absence or styles of communication. Delegates also learn how to prevent workplace conflicts escalating, understand barriers to communication, how to overcome them and how to handle challenging behaviours. Through active participation and experiential learning delegates learn confidence to secure sustainable outcomes.
- Develop constructive conversations with employees and teams.
- Promote well being by developing a positive, co-operative and supportive team environment.
- Spot problems early and nip issues in the bud before they escalate
- Handle strong emotions with confidence, care and compassion.
- Identify and respond to disputes and grievances.
- Facilitate the management of change.
- Promote and support informal resolution of employee and customer complaints.
Suitable for all managers, trade union representatives and HR professionals.
£295 + VAT for open access courses delivered face to face at the TCM Academy in London or online via Zoom.
Please contact us for our latest prices for in-house delivery to groups of 4 or more.